Assistive Technology Center
- Accessibility PC with high contrast keyboard and roller ball mouse
- Natural Reader text to speech software
- Prodigi electronic magnifier (desktop and handheld)
- Intel Reader with stand
- Brailliant 40 braille display with USB/Bluetooth connection
- Assistive Tool Kits for research and homework
Language Line Interpretation Service
To help us provide library service to customers who are becoming proficient in English, interpretation is available for customer transactions with library staff. Language Line allows GCPL to provide a positive library experience regardless of a customer's native language. Whether in a branch or via AskGCPL 770-978-5154, interpreters provide on-the-spot assistance to:
- Create new Library Cards
- Determine information needs
- Explain library services and policies
Special Needs Services
Gwinnett County Public Library promotes and supports customer accessibility to library services and materials by providing a variety of formats, computers and adaptive equipment.
- Sign language interpreting for deaf or hearing impaired children attending any library story hour or program may be arranged by notifying the library at least 10 days in advance of the program. To do so, please call AskGCPL at 770-978-5154.
- Large print books and audio books are available at all library branches. Books, DVDs, and videos featuring sign language instruction are also available.
- All branches provide an ADA Accessible Workstation for customers in wheelchairs to use state of the art computer technology, including library catalog, Internet, and other information databases.