Can't Find It?
I'm looking for a book GCPL does not own, but I could use a book with similar information instead.
- Personalized selection service to find you relevant materials
- Free! No cost to you
- Faster turn-around than Interlibrary Loan
I'd like to borrow an older book, but GCPL does not own a copy.
- Before requesting an ILL, we ask you to please confirm that GCPL does not already own the title. Simply search the catalog using:
ILL is available for:
- Print materials published more than 12 months ago
- Microform, which must be used at the Collins Hill Branch
We will notify you:
- When the title arrives at your selected pick-up branch location, or
- If we are unable to fill the request
- It may take 4 - 8 weeks for your ILL title to arrive. Once it does, you have 7 days to pick it up.
- ILL cost is $2.00 per title per filled request, due when you pick up the item. Please note: the fee is due regardless of whether the ILL is picked up.
I'd like to request that the library purchase a specific title.
Please let us know about materials you'd like to see in GCPL's collection.
- While we cannot respond to each individual suggestion, we carefully consider customer input, and compile suggestions as part of our overall community-based collection building.
- Please note that most new titles are ordered within the month of publication.
- More information on general approaches to building the GCPL collection.
For follow up assistance regarding your requests or suggestions, or for additional information, please contact us.