Computers, WiFi & Printing
A computer station can be used for 30 minutes with a valid Gwinnett County Public Library card and PIN. A computer session can be renewed for an additional 30 minutes provided another customer is not waiting.Computers begin the shutdown process 10 minutes prior to closing. Reservations and renewals are not available during this time.
If you do not have a library card you may request the use of a guest pass.
A parent may select an alternate Internet access option for the library card of their minor child. A minor without a library card can request the use of a guest pass that provides access to the library's catalog, databases, and additional educational and reference websites. Any child may play educational games on our KidiMac computers (no internet access).
Please be aware of the Library's Internet Safety Policy.
Free wireless internet access is available at all library branches. Wireless is available from 8am - 8pm.
- The Gwinnett County Public Library wireless system uses the WiFi standard also known as IEEE (802.11b-g).
- You will need to bring your own WiFi enabled laptop or other wireless device to the library.
- Most WiFi equipment will be compatible. However, the library can make no guarantees as to compatibility of your equipment with the library's network.
- Printers are now part of the Wireless Internet Access program at the library.
- The library's SSID is "gcpllibrary". You will need to log in with a password. The password is "gwinnett".
Printing & Photocopying
Photocopying and printing from library computers in both color and black and white is available at all library locations. Library photocopiers and printers cannot be used with your personal paper, including photo paper, labels, or cardstock.
Copy & Print Prices by Size
|Black & White||Color|
|8.5 x 11||15¢||50¢|
|8.5 x 14||30¢||$1.00|
|11 x 17||30¢||$1.00|
You can print from your laptop in our branches. After turning on your computer and accepting the Internet Safety Policy you will be given the option to download a small printer driver for use with our Print Management system. The printer driver is deleted when you reboot your computer. At this time, the printer driver is compatible with machines running Windows XP, Windows 7, or Mac OS X.
Would you like some help?
|Here are some questions asked by others and answered by GCPL Librarians:||